[Application link: 2 free nights & more with $1,000 spend in 3 months]
The Chase Hyatt Visa is a best-in-class credit card deal that just got better. For a limited time, earn 2 free nights as well as a $50 statement credit and 5,000 bonus Hyatt points when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months.
This is an incredible offer that was already the best hotel credit card out there. Honestly, I'm not quite sure why Chase felt the need to add more benefits to such a solid product - especially at the existing $1,000 spend. Here are the full details:
- 2 free nights at any Hyatt property in the world with $1,000 spend in 3 months
- $50 statement credit on first purchase
- 5,000 bonus Hyatt points after adding an authorized user in the first 3 months
- $75 annual fee (waived first year)
- 3 points per $1 spent at Hyatt properties
- 2 points per $1 spent at restaurants, airlines and car rental agencies
- 1 point per $1 spent on everything else
- Platinum status as long as you are a cardholder (upgrades!)
- 1 free night every year at Category 1-4 hotel
- No foreign transaction fees
- EMV chip card
- Approval difficulty: Hard (~720+ credit score with good income)
- Churn status: Moderate (can be reapplied for after 24 months)
If you couldn't already tell, I absolutely love this deal. Hyatt properties are my favorite and truly among the best in the world. Many of the hotels - including hotels in New York, Paris, Tokyo and Buenos Aires - go for well over $1,000 a night. So two free nights is an incredible value.
Only $1,000 in 3 months is attainable to almost anyone applying for a credit card, which is another huge positive of the offer. Combining this card with another top credit card deal is realistic, if not advisable. And the $50, while small, is essentially free money as the statement credit posts on first purchase.
The other big notables: no foreign transaction fees and an EMV chip means the card is worth bringing on international trips, 5,000 bonus points after adding an authorized user is real value, and the waived annual fee all make this a must have.
The negative aspects of this deal are highly relative. For example, Chase is the best player in the space today so applications at the worlds largest bank are quite valuable. This means that I could see how someone would prefer the flexibility of the Ink Plus or Sapphire Preferred card over the Hyatt.
But, really - that's it. This is a great credit card deal - probably the best out there for hotel stays - that offers thousands of dollars in value with minimal spend. I redeemed my two certificates for $750+ nights at the Palacio Duhau in Buenos Aires, so my $1,000 in spend netted me at least $1,500 in value.
The Final Word
If you haven't applied for this card in the past, or if 24 months have passed since your last application, then this deal is a no brainer. It's that simple. If you have applied to several Chase cards in the past, however, then waiting 30 days may be wise.
Application links and other useful details are below:
Application links: 2 free nights & more with $1,000 spend in 3 months.
Phone support line: 1-800-432-3117.
Online support page: Click here.
Disclaimer: Photos credit to Chase.