Update: Latest offer is for 75,000 miles, which you can read about here.
There is a great opportunity out there for 100,000 American Airlines miles with the Citibank American Airlines Executive credit card. The credit card comes with some important caveats though - full details below:
- 100,000 American Airlines miles with $10,000 spend in first three months
- Earn up to 10,000 elite qualifying miles
- $200 statement credit with $200 in purchases
- $450 annual fee is not waived in the first year
- Admirals Club access for cardholder and up to 2 guests
- First checked bag free; Priority screening and boarding
- No foreign transaction fees
- Approval difficulty: Moderate (~650+ credit score with good income)
- Churn status: Easy (can be reapplied as often as desired, following 8/65 rule described further below)
There are some clear pros and cons with this Citibank Executive deal. 100,000 American Airlines miles would certainly make this one of the best credit card deals around, but the $250 fee ($450 less the statement credit) and high spend threshold make it a tough decision - especially if you can't hit the $10,000 in one month, getting around the annual fee in the process.
Ultimately, if you can hit the spend and have a location in mind that needs American Airlines miles, this makes sense. If the $10,000 spend is too much though, I would pass.
Application links and other useful information is below:
Application link for the Citibank Executive card is not available at this time.
Personal application support line: 1-866-606-2961
Click here for the Citibank online contact page.
Disclaimer: Photos credit to Citibank.